If you want to customize the default system emails to better suit your needs you can do so by following the steps below:
- In the top navigation click Settings and select View/Edit Default Emails.
- All of the default email templates will be listed on the page and are categorized by the recipient (view a chart that lists when each email is sent).
- Hover over the Actions button for the email you wish to edit and press Edit.
- Make the desired changes to the email.
- Email Subject: Use this to change what the feedback request subject title is.
- Email Type: Choose whether the email will go out as HTML/Multipart or text. (If a recipient has HTML disabled in their client they will automatically receive the email in text.)
- HTML Email Content: Enter the actual content to go out in the emails. What is entered here will be sent every time for this particular feedback request email.
- Email Content Merge Fields: Grab any merge fields that may be needed or wanted by using the drop-down menu. You can add/remove the merge fields (ex: !!!ContactFirstName!!!) as you please, but do NOT change the text between the exclamation points. Merge fields are required if you wish for the system to automatically populate the correct information. Read more on merge fields.
- Text Email Content – This shows what will go out if someone has HTML disabled in their email client. The Convert HTML to Text button will automatically pull what is placed in the HTML box to the Text content box below. Extra spaces may be added so be sure to review the Text rendered with this button.
- Press the Preview button to see the email template.
- You can send a test email to yourself before saving your changes by clicking the Send Test to Myself button.
Press Save in the bottom right when finished.